Wednesday, September 21, 2011

More (bad) changes at Facebook ... oh, joy!

Enough!

I've not complained about the multiple changes in the past that seem to be a continuing stream from the Facebook programmers who appear to have nothing better to do than sit around thinking of ways to change and rearrange the FB layout. Or maybe they're trying to keep up with the Joneses, so to speak.

But I've had enough. What a bad joke to wake up this morning and see more changes. FB now says they will choose the "top stories" they consider most important to me. The tool bar is changed ... there's no longer a "profile" category but, instead, my face and name.

My response to Facebook is ... don't try to get inside my head and do my thinking for me. Do what you're supposed to do ... just be there when I want to post a non-earth-shattering status update or read updates of friends or articles that come through the news feed.

All of us are up-to-our-eyeballs busy and don't have time to constantly be learning new layouts for something as frivolous as Facebook. At what point do people get fed up and say, "Forget it"?

Time's Tech Land summed it up well: "Three things, they say, are certain in life: death, taxes, and Facebook redesigns." Ouch.

The Digital Content blog at The Guardian goes a step further: "In the lead-up to the f8 conference, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg unveils more new features for the site – but the initial reaction around the net is far from positive."

At the local level, most of the feedback has been negative with only a couple of my Facebook "friends" saying they like the change. Well, actually, one of those was a little tentative in his remarks, as in, he "kind of" liked it. Not exactly an overwhelming endorsement.

More responses online: "Ewww." Read the comments following ... not positive.

Mark Zuckerberg ... enough already.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Like!