Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President George W. Bush ... redefining the term "lame duck"

It is President George W. Bush's last year in office and he is now termed a "lame duck." But something tells me this President is going to redefine the term. After all, the Fox News documentary about him that was aired Sunday night was called "Fighting to the Finish."

Last night's State of the Union Address was a continuation of this energetic man's leadership ... an optimistic outlook for America ... a humble regard for the men and women who have been asked to protect us from terrorism ... a realistic understanding of what could possibly be accomplished ... and a gratefulness for the faith he has held to guide him throughout his term as a wartime President.

I like George W. Bush. I consider myself fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet this man on several occasions over the years including a visit to the Oval Office. He thanked me for my volunteer work. Me -- when he had the weight of the world on him as he worked to protect the American people from further terrorist attacks. He is fair, funny, and a leader. I like optimists who see America as the shining city on the hill. That is George W. Bush.

Something tells me this man is not going to be a lame duck President in the usual sense of the term.

No comments: