Friday, November 06, 2009

Conservative thoughts from a reader....

I'm blessed to have wonderfully thoughtful and informed readers of this blog who send links to interesting articles, share their dreams for this country, and offer encouragment that is very much appreciated.

Friday night I received the following from one of the 9/12 March on Washington patriots. He shared some research links and ended with a few thoughts. I think it's reflective of many Americans at this time in our history and the fact they are very aware of what is occurring in Washington and are willing to stop the tyranny of the Democrat-controlled Congress and President.

The writer will remain anonymous but I share this as what he has called it ... food for thought:
I have been a conservative since 1969. Looking back on what was written about every Republican running for election whether in borough, town, city, state or federal, it seems every one was playing with a 51-card deck, or wasn't the sharpest knife in the draw, or had no new ideas, or didn't care about "minorities", or was dumb, or was manipulated by rich Republican Fat Cats, or was a thug or a liar, and was completely dwarfed by the ideal Democrat candidates who were perfect for the job.

For eight years and running, Barbara Boxer called W the "So-called President Bush," Democrats like the murderer Ted Kennedy were glorifed in the press, every announcement W made was ridiculed and lied about in the press. Remember "tax cuts for the rich" after he said it was a tax cut for everyone who PAID taxes?

Liberals said Reagan slept through his presidency, Eisenhower played too much golf, Jerry Ford was a dumb football player, and George HW Bush was a jerk even though he put together the greatest and most diverse coalition of nations since WW2. Just remember Adlai Stevenson who was supposed to be one of these gifted people and a student of English Literature. When he died, reporters going into his home found only ONE book there. Was it the Bible? Was it Shakespeare? No, it was Who's Who in Washington, DC. Al Gore, the savior of our planet, FLUNKED out of Divinity School!!!

So don't blame me if I go to Tea Parties and peacefully protest unlike the idiot radical Democrats that Nacy Pelosi cries over. Don't blame me for being fed up with a government who lies to me and who is peeing on my back and calling it rain.

I took an oath to defend my country and our Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic so don't call me a right-wing extremist when I vote these fools and liars out of office and stand up for the rights guaranteed by my Creator and articulated so well in our Bill Of Rights.
I hope Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid are listening.

H/T to Greg

No comments: