Wednesday, November 04, 2009

We need more citizens like this....

A race for Spotsylvania supervisor by Jeffersoniad blogger DJ McGuire who blogs at Right-Wing Liberal and Virginia Virtucon fell a little short yesterday but got the message out and may have the candidate back in the future.

While DJ is thanking everyone for their support, we want to thank him for carrying the conservative principles and fiscal responsibility message to the voters and being willing to step to the plate.

His statement after yesterday's loss:
"I want to thank all of the people who offered me their help and their support over this campaign. Unfortunately, we didn't make it across the line this time, but the message of limited government and lower taxes reached the people all the same, and I appreciate all of your help in making that happen. Thanks to you, I received the most votes for any Republican candidate for Supervisor in the history of Lee Hill.

"I congratulated Gary Skinner last night, and for the next four years, I will thank him when he does the right thing, and inform him when I believe he has made a mistake. I ask all of you to do the same.

Thank you so much again,

DJ McGuire
If we can find more citiznes who are willing to run for public office, we may be able to turn around the runaway tax-and-spending seen at the local, state, and national level.

No comments: