Friday, September 07, 2012

Allen joins Forbes, localities in opposing I-95 tolls

Today, George Allen issued the following statement regarding his opposition to the Virginia Department of Transportation’s pursuit of tolls on the stretch of I-95 south of Richmond:
"I commend Governor McDonnell for putting together a comprehensive transportation plan that invests in our infrastructure, in stark contrast to his predecessor, Tim Kaine, who shut down rest areas.

"Tolls at times may be appropriate for new construction when paid for by those who would use the road. However, I do not support the proposal to install tolls on the southern stretch of I-95. Southern Virginia already faces significant economic challenges and these tolls could disadvantage job-creating businesses in the region, and the hardworking Virginia families already suffering from skyrocketing fuel costs.”
Allen joins Congressman Randy Forbes and localities along the I-95 corridor in opposing tolls on I-95.

No comments: