Sunday, May 04, 2008

You find out who your friends are....

It was a long day at the 6th Congressional District convention in Lexington on Saturday. From a 7:30 am meeting to the 10 am convention to a 1:30 lunch break and back to the convention, and then a 4:30 Sixth District leadership meeting, it proved to be exciting and frustrating ... and a chance once again to find out who your friends are when the chips are down.

Who has your back? Sometimes you may be surprised at the ones you expected to stand with you but who were not there. Then there were the ones who jumped to your defense when you never expected it.

I discovered today I had true friends who stood up for me on their own, totally unscripted, friends who spoke on my behalf because, as one said, I would not say those things about myself ... and he proceeded to talk about when he was new to the area and I pulled him in and got him involved in the Republican Party.

But a huge disappointment came when one close ally parted ways when it came down to a crucial vote ... but at the same time someone else publicly stood up, something she did not have to do considering her high position within the Party.

With the political rough waters of the Republican Party right now, you truly find out who your friends are. It has been an interesting political season....

No comments: