Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fence sitters....

The Big Dog said, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." He did not say to be indecisive ... waffle ... cover your behind ... play the middle.

They say if you stand in the middle of the road you get hit from both sides.

I heard the following famous saying about the Nazis during World War II years ago when I was in my 20s ... and it stuck with me. It is engraved on the walls of the New England Holocause Museum. I think it says it all.
They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.
Amen.

No comments: