Monday ... Stonewall Brigade Band kicks off 4th of July week with patriotic music
Join us in Staunton, Virginia, this week for an old-fashioned smalltown 4th of July celebration at Gypsy Hill Park. Activities will be going on all week, providing fun and entertainment for the entire family. Bring a lawn chair and sit under the trees at the gazebo as you listen to music and enjoy food provided by area churches and civic organizations.
Monday night: The Stonewall Brigade Band will kick off the festivities with their free concert that is held weekly at the Stonewall Brigade bandstand throughout the summer. They will be joined by the 29th Band of the Virginia Army National Guard as they play patriotic music including the "Armed Forces Salute" that recognzies veterans and active service members in the audience.
Bring a lawn chair and plan to be entertained in Gypsy Hill Park at 8:00 pm.
Program for Monday, June 30, 2008:
* March: Salute to the Colors. King; conducted by Bob Moody.
* Overture: For Those Who Have Gone Before. Fagan; conducted by Bob Moody.
* Sacred: Crown Him With Many Crowns. Arranged by Swearingen; conducted by Bob Moody.
* Showtune: Smokey Joe's Cafe. Lieber and Stoller; arranged by Vinson; conducted by Fred Lewis.
* Americana: American Folk Rhapsody. Arranged by Grundman; conducted by Bob Moody.
* Virginia Composer: Jefferson Davis Funeral March. Rhinehart; arranged by G. Moody, conducted by Bob Moody.
* Movie Theme: Magnificent Seven. Elmer Bernstein; arranged by Roy Phillippe, conducted by Fred Lewis.
* Patriotic: Homefront -- Musical Memories of World War II." Arranged by Christensen; conducted by Fred Lewis.
* March: The Major of St. Lo (Thomas Howie). Allen; conducted by Bob Moody.
* Patriotic: Armed Forces Salute. Arranged by Lowden; conducted by Fred Lewis.
* March: Stars and Stripes Forever. Sousa; conducted by Bob Moody.