Friday, October 03, 2008

Lunch, Chick signs, and autumn in the Valley

McAllister's Deli in front of Target in Waynesboro
Target in Waynesboro with the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in background.

I met a friend at McAllister's today for lunch and to pass off some "I Am Voting For The Chick" signs to him. As we stood in the parking lot talking on a beautiful autumn afternoon, he with his "Chick" signs tucked under his arm, a woman drove up and asked where he had gotten them.

He pointed to me. The woman looked at me and said, "How can I get one?"

I asked where she lived and she told me a well-known street in Waynesboro. "Are you voting for McCain-Palin?" I asked.

"Of course!" she laughed and added, "That's why I want one of those signs!"

She had seen the 4'x8' sign near AMC Hospital at Blue Ridge Lumber and had noticed the yard signs popping up. I told her Tom Sheets who owned Blue Ridge Lumber was the one who came up with the idea and donated the signs.

She left with a sign after she promised to get others to the polls on Election Day to vote for John McCain and Sarah Palin. She said that would be no problem.

Another satisfied customer....

McCain-Palin 2008

Photos by SWAC Girl

No comments: