Wednesday, October 01, 2008

More GOP signs delivered in Augusta County....

Saw this sign in Fishersville ... I liked it! Also saw "Women for McCain-Palin" and others that folks had bought off the internet.
Fishersville ... GOP officer's home.

Loaded up with the 4'x8' Chick sign ...

It was an overcast, cool autumn day in the Shenandoah Valley today as I delivered Republican and "I Am Voting For The Chick" signs to supporters who had requested them. I love interacting with people during the fall campaigning season and see many familiar faces from year-to-year. It is an opportunity to reacquaint with them and to meet new folks.

Today there was the gentleman who had heard about and asked for a "Chick" sign. As I drove up to his house in Fishersville, he had all three Republican candidate signs in his front yard ... McCain-Palin, Gilmore, Goodlatte. I pulled in the driveway and jumped out to unload the sign as a chilly rain fell ... the gentleman came out of the house to greet me. We shook hands and introduced ourselves ... he was thin and gaunt and I was later to learn he was fighting cancer ... but he was still out there standing up for the GOP.

He asked for another sign for his son who would be visiting. The son lived in South Carolina just beyond Charlotte ... I thanked him for his support and told him if he needed anything to please be sure to contact me. Wishing I had more time to stay and visit, I waved as I drove away....

I met the former Marine at Lowe's and we loaded a 4x8 sign in his truck. We stood in the parking lot and talked for about 30 minutes, this gentleman who had joined us at a Support the Troops rally several years ago, standing at parade rest in the rain ... a supporter who has been there for the troops and for the Republican candidates and who stays in touch with the SWAC-GOP News. His sign was going to Rockingham County.

The couple in western Augusta County had Republican signs and a "Win the War" sign up at their farm. The rain began again as we stood and talked ... their 1880s farmhouse overlooks the majestic Alleghany Mountains with a view that is breath-taking. They added a "Chick" sign on the main road to show their support.

Another sign went to Fishersville ... another to Buffalo Gap ... another to the Churchville area and other locations. They are quite the buzz around Augusta County. Dark drove me home but I will be out again tomorrow and Friday delivering more of them as the word spreads. We had 300 yard signs; we're down to 100. All 4x8 signs have been spoken for.

Thanks again to Tom Sheets who came up with the idea and has donated the signs. Watch for them as you drive throughout the area....

Photos by SWAC Girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of the I'm Voting for the Chick signs?