Thursday, January 31, 2013

Articles of interest from around the internet

As a blogger, I read all the time, researching about politics and many other subjects that interest me. Here are a few of today's articles from around the internet that caught my interest and are left on my desk at the end of the day....

Richmond's Martin Agency is once again represented at the Super Bowl with their 2013 ad, "Hut, Hut, Hut" put together for their agent Pizza Hut. Just a thought ... I would have put the Pizza Hut logo in more often especially at the beginning but that's just me. They've been at it for a long time and keep coming up with winners....

Speaking of the Super Bowl, one of my favorite commercials is always the Budweiser Clydesdales ads and this year doesn't disappoint (although the tribute to 9/11 is my all-time favorite). It's not only endearing but also an invitation to name the new foal. Awww....

If you were watching the X Games and saw the horrific snowmobile accident, you probably were saddened but not surprised to hear that Caleb Moore, the young athlete involved, passed away from his injuries. He was only 25, the age of my daughter. In the 17 years of the X Games, this is the first fatality. Our sympathies to his family and friends....

I don't agree with the negatives directed toward former President George W. Bush in this article but definitely agree with the author's assessment on "Why Bush was right on immigration." The Republican Party seems to have amnesia when it comes to this President who kept us safe after 9/11 and the good he did during his term in office. Don't even get me started ... if you know me, you know he is one of my political heroes so don't waste your breath criticizing him....

Women on the front lines in combat is a subject I intend to write about but am still in the research stages. Many of my questions about it were answered in an article, brought to my attention by a former Marine from Augusta County, from Hot Air that was written by a woman formerly in the Army and deployed to Iraq. Her assessment is spoke from someone in the know. I admire her honestly and candid frankness....

No comments: