Friday, January 18, 2013

The big snow bust


After bracing for a significant winter storm, we awakened this morning to find nothing more than a dusting of the white stuff in our Augusta County location west of Staunton. Though the storm missed us, areas south of here were slammed with snow, wind, and power outages.

Ironically, Trixie and I were just talking about snow earlier this week, and I was complaining that we hadn't had much. She said that she hoped I got my snow but I was welcome to keep it ALL for myself and send none of it her way. Interestingly, she was dumped on in the Roanoke area while we missed it.

Meanwhile, the cold temps have moved back with this morning's wake-up temperature at 25 with wind chills in the teens. Forecasters say our daytime high will be in the 30s making it a chilly January day, typical for the Shenandoah Valley in winter. Deep-freeze temps are moving in next week but no word yet on accompanying precipitation. Augusta County public schools are on a two-hour delay -- they had far more snow in the Stuarts Draft/Greenville areas of the county.

Stay warm out there....

No comments: