Two key endorsements in the Shenandoah Valley of western Virginia show a growing momentum of support including today's announcement that Woodstock Mayor Jeremy McCleary, a young, conservative leader and former Shenandoah County GOP Chairman, has added his support to the Snyder team. Jeremy noted:
"Pete Snyder is the young, energetic, conservative leader Virginia needs to shake up politics as usual in Richmond. Between his success as a private-sector job-creator, his 20-year service to conservative causes, and his bold, energetic campaign, I'm proud to support Pete as our next Lieutenant Governor, and I look forward to helping him every way I can."Snyder expressed appreciation for Jeremy's support:
"As a fellow young-gun conservative who is ready to bring real results to Virginia, I'm so thankful for Mayor McCleary's support. Jeremy understands the need to change the way things are done in Richmond, and his support for our big ideas and bold solutions is a huge benefit in the Shenandoah Valley and throughout Virginia."Jeremy follows another prominent Valley leader, Marsha Garst, Commonwealth's Attorney for Rockingham County and Harrisonburg, in endorsing Snyder for Lieutenant Governor. Marsha commented:
“Not only does Pete’s background as an entrepreneur and job-creator make him a unique candidate, he’s also a principled conservative who will stand with law enforcement, and he’s the best-qualified candidate to be our next Lieutenant Governor. Pete is about the most ideal candidate for Lieutenant Governor I’ve seen. His background as a successful entrepreneur, Pete’s full support of the Second Amendment, and his unwavering commitment to innocent life and limited government, make him my choice for the GOP nomination. I’m proud to endorse Pete and I look forward to helping him shake up politics-as-usual.”Other conservative leaders in the Commonwealth have thrown their support behind Snyder including:
- 2012 8th District GOP U.S. House nominee Col. Patrick MurrayThe Lieutenant Governor nominee will be decided at the Republican Party of Virginia convention in Richmond on Saturday, May 18, 2013. To be a delegate, registered voters must attend their local unit's mass meeting. For more information about that, go to the Republican Party of Virginia website.
- 8th District GOP Chairman Mike Ginsberg
- 2012 3rd District GOP U.S. House nominee Dean Longo
- 9th District GOP Chairman Jack Morgan
- 9th District GOP State Central Committee Rep. and Montgomery County GOP Chair Marcy Hernick
- State Senator Bryce Reeves (R-17)
- Southwest Virginia Delegate Israel O’Quinn (R-5)
- Conservative icon Lt. Col. Oliver North
- National conservative grassroots powerhouse Ending Spending
Pete Snyder is the founder and former CEO of New Media Strategies (NMS) and a graduate of the College of William and Mary where he now serves on the Board of Visitors.