"Happy trails to you until we meet again ... happy trails to you, keep smiling until then ..."The King of the Cowboys and the Queen of the West graced movie and TV screens in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, chasing down the bad guys and teaching boys and girls how to be gentlemen and ladies. In these unsettled times, I often long for those heroes of the past to show up on the horizon and once again chase off the bad guys.
Remember the Roy Rogers Riders Club Rules?
1. Be neat and clean.Those who want a remembrance of their childhood heroes may be interested in an auction to be held July 14-15 by Christie's Auction House in which Roy Rogers and Dale Evans items will be sold.
2. Be courteous and polite.
3. Always obey your parents.
4. Protect the weak and help them.
5. Be brave but never take chances.
6. Study hard and learn all you can.
7. Be kind to animals and take care of them.
8. Eat all your food and never waste any.
9. Love God and go to Sunday school regularly.
10. Always respect our flag and our country.
Roy Rogers, Jr., best known as Dusty, was on Fox & Friends this morning showing off some of the items including Mr. Rogers' patriotic red, white, and blue cowboy outfit, one of Ms. Evans' cowgirl outfits from the TV show, musical instruments, a red, white, and blue saddle, and even Mr. Rogers' faithful horse Trigger (who was stuffed years ago).
It's a great opportunitiy to obtain some memorabilia. For the rest of us, we'll continue to strive to abide by the rules of the trail.