Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Censorship in the blogosphere

JR takes on the subject of censorship in the blogosphere at Bearing Drift. He identifies Contemporary Conservative and SWAC Girl as two who has been identified by Blogger as "spam blogs." I don't know how it's going with Jody at Contemporary Conservative but I am still waiting for Blogger to unlock my blog without having to jump through hoops everytime I publish. For two months they have had my blog flagged ... and no contact from them about it at all.

This was discussed in 2006 during the George Allen campaign ... the possibility of liberal-leaning groups censoring all these conservatives blogs. Planned? Coincidence?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could also be that because you bitch about this at least once a week, I flag the blog every hour, on the hour. That might have something to do with it, ya think?

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Ever heard of Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)? A leading provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions.

From their website: "SAIC's approximately 44,000 employees serve customers in the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets."

Writer said...

The CRFV Blog has this problem in the late Winter. The slow response time was a major factor in our decision to switch platforms.

Jody L. Wilcox said...

It took about two days before I was up and runing....I e-mailed them asking for an explantion on why this seems to happen more to conservative political blogs and how I could avoid this action in the future but never received any word back....

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

I'm hearing you, Grozet. It would be nice to have a conservative "Blogger" out there ... or maybe there is already and I don't know about it.

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Would love to know what email address you used, Jody. Those guys are hard to contact.

Mine has gone on for so long that I truly wonder if it is a case of something like the first commenter ... someone constantly flagging me.

However, Blogger has never once contacted me and I would think they would have by now. This has been going on for over two months.

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cute. You know how to look up an IP address. Which one of 44,000 am I?