Saturday, May 30, 2009

McDonnell - Bolling - Cuccinelli - Mullins

Congratulations to Bob McDonnell, Bill Bolling, and Ken Cuccinelli -- our Republican candidates for 2009. We have much work to do leading into the general election to hold back the Democrats from winning a third term in the Governor's Mansion.

Congratulations also to RPV Chairman Pat Mullins. The longer I am around him, the more impressed I become with Pat's leadership abilities. I truly feel he will bring the stability and leadership RPV has been sadly lacking, and his fundraising abilities will help our candidates in the fall.

I have much more to blog about from the convention -- photos and notes to go through once I return home to the Shenandoah Valley -- but tonight while at my parents' home, I am going to relax and visit with them. At the ages of 82 and 83, they attended the convention as delegates from Chesterfield County.

Up-to-the-minute coverage is at Bob McDonnell's campaign website. More photos are at Bill Bolling's website, and there is lots of coverage from the bloggers in attendance.

I have to say it was absolutely a fun-filled weekend to spend time with such a group of dedicated volunteers as the conservative bloggers who were seated on Bloggers Row. What a blast to have visits from Congressman Eric Cantor, Bob McDonnell, Bill Bolling, and candidates from local races throughout the state. They all took the time to talk with each blogger and answer questions. I will have more to write about all that after my thoughts settle and I process the past two days.

For now, I am going to prop my feet up and enjoy spending the evening with my folks.

1 comment:

The Bulletproof Monk said...

Great to meet you and put a face with the Blog.
Keep your powder dry and your keyboard handy.
Dean