Walk the streets of Bethlehem and experience the time when Christ was born. In its ninth year, Bethlehem Walk, located west of Richmond, will offer a Christmas encounter sure to confirm the meaning of the season. From their Facebook page:
Since its inaugural season in 2003, Bethlehem Walk has thrilled and emotionally touched thousands of visitors from across the Commonwealth. Nearly 6,000 travelers toured Bethlehem the first year. Last December, host church Salem Baptist in Crozier, VA partnered with 11 area churches to reach 13,000 people with this interactive Gospel drama that takes visitors through scenes ranging from the entrance of the Savior into the world to an empty Jewish tomb.Bethlehem Walk, free to the public, is located on Broad Street (Rt. 250) six miles west of Short Pump between I-64's Exit 167 (Oilville/Goochland) and Exit 173 (Rockville/Manakin-Sabot).
Your trip will take you on an adventure to first century Bethlehem on the night Jesus was born. As you enter the city allow the sights, sounds and smells to carry you to a period of time that changed the world. Expect to be met by Roman soldiers and counted in the census. Journey through the heart of the city to the marketplace that is bustling with activity from over a dozen authentic shops; enjoy samples from the baker’s shop, marvel at the potter’s crafts and listen for the rumor of a “king’s” birth from excited townspeople. Continue your journey to the Nativity where a very special baby was born in the stable. Here you can reflect on the blessed birth of Christ - the greatest gift that has ever been given.
Here is all the information to make it to Bethlehem Walk 2013...
- The address for those in need of GPS assistance is 465 Broad Street Road, Manakin-Sabot, Va 23103.
- Parking is FREE onsite or FREE shuttles from the West End Church of the Nazarene (591 Broad Street) or the Food Lion in Centerville (30 Broad Street).
- There will be Chick-fil-A sandwiches, snacks and sodas available in the welcome tent.
- Accepting canned goods for our local Food Bank.
- Free refreshments at the end of the Walk.
- Strollers are welcome but be prepared for some uneven ground in a few spots.
- There will be chariots (golf carts) for those who need assistance.
- There are fires throughout the Walk to keep everyone warm.
- Be prepared to have an awesome experience hearing the true Word and reason for the season.
Dates and Times:
Dec 4 - 5 - Wed/Thu: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dec 6 - Fri: 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Dec 7 - Sat: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dec 8 - Sun: 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Post a Comment