Friday, October 20, 2006

Peak leaf color this weekend in Valley

Took a drive late this beautiful Fall afternoon to the western end of Augusta County to deliver George Allen and "Vote YES for Marriage Amendment" signs to Craigsville and Augusta Springs. Our Republicans are organizing six churches in the area to vote and work the polls on Election Day so I was only too happy to transport signs out to them. That end of the county has some salt-of-the-earth people, real men's men, and strong Second Amendment and NRA supporters ... and they live in God's country.

Driving through Buffalo Gap and out through the National Forest was absolutely breath-taking. The leaves had turned scarlet and gold since earlier this week ... and I was absorbed by the beauty of it all. Earlier in the day it was a treat as I sat on my deck looking out over the mountain slopes and at the maples in my back yard.

It's Fall in the Valley and I, for one, am glad to pause and take in the wonder of it ... before high winds and rain arrive to blow the leaves off the trees. If you get a chance, slow down and smell the falling leaves....

No comments: