Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bill Bolling: 'Welcome to the Virginia State Convention'

Thank you for agreeing to serve as a Delegate at the Republican State Convention in Richmond on Saturday.  I appreciate your willingness to represent our party in this way and I look forward to seeing you this weekend.
 
This is a critical time for our nation.  This November we must be united in the effort to defeat President Obama and get our nation back on the right track.  Our country cannot afford four more years of Barack Obama’s failed leadership.  His policies are jeopardizing the financial foundation of our country, preventing any kind of sustained economic recovery, eroding our individual and constitutional liberties, and compromising our standing in the international community.  America desperately needs a change in direction, and Mitt Romney can provide the leadership we need.
 
I have come to know Governor Romney well over the past few years, and I have the privilege of chairing his election campaign in Virginia.  I know that Governor Romney will make the difficult decisions that are necessary to reduce spending, bring down the national debt and get America’s economy growing again.  That’s the kind of effective conservative leadership we need.  Mitt Romney will make us proud as President.
 
This November we must work together to elect a new United States Senator from Virginia, and George Allen is the man for the job.  I have worked with George Allen for over 20 years, and I have absolute confidence in his ability to work with Mitt Romney to find conservative solutions to the difficult challenges facing our country.  By electing George Allen to the Senate, and re-electing our Republican congressional delegation, we will give Mitt Romney the support he needs to restore the greatness of our country.
 
As you know, I have announced my intention to seek the Republican Party’s nomination for Governor in 2013.  I believe I am the most qualified candidate for Governor, and the candidate most capable of providing the leadership we need to build on the progress Governor McDonnell and I have made over the past 2½ years.  I have a record of standing strong for conservative values and delivering positive conservative results for the people of Virginia.   When the time comes, I would be honored to have your support.
 
However, this weekend is not about 2013…..it’s about 2012.  Therefore, I have instructed my campaign staff to refrain from doing anything at the Convention that would distract from our efforts to support Mitt Romney, George Allen and our Republican congressional candidates in this year’s campaigns.  You will see no Bill Bolling for Governor literature, stickers or signs.  My campaign team will be at the convention, but their focus will be on supporting our party’s candidates in 2012.
 
As I said earlier, this is a critical time for our nation.  Right now, our 2012 candidates need our full attention and support.  We cannot allow anything to distract us from the task at hand, which is getting America back on the right track.  I hope you will join me in that effort.
 
Once again, thanks for your willingness to serve as a Delegate to the Republican State Convention.  I look forward to seeing you in Richmond this weekend.
 
Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling

No comments: