Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Albino fawn ... now grown?



Last October we saw this albino fawn daily in the area of our house and I was finally able to get a photo of it. After hunting season came around, we didn't see it again ...

... until last week on a dark, rainy night as I drove home from a meeting. At least, I think it was the same deer because it was in the same area where we had seen the fawn ... only now it was a full-grown deer standing beside the road -- its white fur almost glowing in the dark night. I stopped my vehicle in the road beside where it gazed back from about 20 feet away ... I stared at it in awe. It looked like a spike buck ... and it had survived last year's hunting season. A few days later SWAC Son saw it, too, and he also thought it may be a buck.

Which makes me wonder if it will make it through this hunting season.... Meanwhile, I have the memory of it standing majestically in the dark, rainy night.

Photo by SWAC Girl
Lynn Mitchell
17 October 2008

No comments: