Monday, January 21, 2008

On this date in 1985 ...

... President Ronald Reagan's second inauguration was held in Washington, D.C. (January 21, 1985).

President Reagan humbly thanked Americans for the title of "Great Communicator" but informed them that he was really communicating great ideas. He put America on a course to freedom that embraced great conservative ideas and made no apologies to the naysayers and pessimists.
"Whatever else history may say about me when I'm gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears, to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty's lamp guiding your steps and opportunity's arm steadying your way."
-- President Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on #1 again. I am # 18. Must be some crazy Virginians out there.