Monday, January 24, 2011

George Allen ... he's in!

Just received through email ... weeks and months and years of speculation are now over. It's official ... George Allen is IN for the U.S. Senate race in 2012. Game on!

January 24, 2011

Dear Patriot,

I wanted to tell you directly that later today I will launch my bid for the U.S. Senate by filing my declaration of candidacy and sending out a statement to the press.

If you have a moment I encourage you to click my video message below. It will be posted on my website later today, but only allies like you can view it right now.

You know me as someone willing to fight for Virginia and I am asking that you hire me on for six years to fight on behalf of Virginia's voices and values which are being ignored by Washington.

Over the last several years, Susan and I have traveled throughout Virginia talking to people anxious about losing their jobs and their homes. We have heard from many parents worried that the rising national debt will rob our children of future opportunities. And from people frustrated that Washington continues to ignore their concerns.

It's time for an American comeback with leaders who listen to 'We The People,' adhere to foundational principles, rein in spending and start creating opportunities for more jobs.

To get there we'll need to listen to Virginia voices - and fight to repeal the government mandated healthcare plan, pass a balanced budget amendment and line-item veto, and reduce our families' energy costs by unleashing our American resources and creativity. If given the honor and responsibility of serving Virginia in the United States Senate, I pledge to work hard for the voices, values and prosperous future of Virginians.

Susan and I look forward to seeing you on the trail ahead including when we do an official kick off tour later in the year. We want to continue spending time with families across Virginia listening and discussing ideas for achievable reforms that will put our country on the path to prosperity. Please check back to www.georgeallen.com for campaign updates and events.

Thank you for standing strong for freedom!


George Allen

If you are having trouble viewing the image please click this link to watch my message:  http://www.georgeallen.com/video.htm

If you use Facebook, please like my Facebook page by clicking here: http://www.Facebook.com/GeorgeAllenVA

If you use Twitter, please follow me on Twitter by clicking here: http://www.Twitter.com/GeorgeAllenVA

No comments: