Saturday, November 19, 2011

The road to Mom's house in the fall

 As I drove the street to my mom's house in Midlothian, I couldn't help but notice the still-changing leaf color in the Richmond area. On a cold, rainy autumn day, leaves were showering down and covering the roadways ...

 ... and covering the ground at my parents' home. I stopped to enjoy the autumn view before pulling in the driveway. It looks like Thankgiving but perhaps that's because that is what Thanksgiving looks like to this Virginia native who was born and raised in Chesterfield.

 What is it about cousins that makes them one step removed from being a sibling ... our partners in crime when we were young? Over the river and through the woods we went to nearby Powhatan for a casual lunch at our cousin's house ...

 ... as we looked out over the Powhatan countryside and woods ...

 ... and snuggled by the fire to ward off the cool, damp day. Everyone had festive autumn decorations that brightened the day ...

... including SWAC Niece's cut-out autumn leaves on the front door of my sister's house in Midlothian. It's autumn in Virginia....

Photos by Lynn R. Mitchell
17 November 2011

No comments: