He was young, vivacious, and patriotic. He joined the Marines when he graduated from high school and shipped out to Iraq. He was killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom on Valentine's Day in 2007.
His name was Lance Cpl. Daniel Morris.
Today is the dedication of the bridge at Steeles Tavern across I-81 at Rt. 620 as the "Lance Corporal Daniel Todd Morris Bridge" to honor this Augusta County native who made the ultimate sacrifice for his country. The dedication will be by Del. Ben Cline who proposed HB 1555 that made it possible.
God bless his family. Semper Fi.
- Augusta County Board of Supervisors honors fallen Marine
- Gone but not forgotten ... SWAC honors a fallen hero
- Lance Cpl Daniel Morris ... a community honors a local fallen hero
- A community wraps its arms around a fallen hero's family
- Patriot Guard Riders stand guard at funeral of Lance Cpl Daniel Morris