Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 2008

The clock has passed midnight so it is now Election Day 2008. The polls open in a little less than six hours ... the selection of the next President of the United States will be under way.

I spent Monday in the field delivering signs to my precinct captains in polling places the fartherest away, out amongst the National Forest land.

In a little while we will be heading out to put up signs at the other polling places for the precinct captains so everything will be in place when they arrive at 6 a.m. I have two College Republicans joining me as we continue a ritual that began some time ago, and that I have participated in throughout the past nine years.

There is an enthusiasm and adeneline rush that comes with the final prep for Election Day ... a kinship with fellow District Chairs as we work together to make sure all materials are out and even share supplies with one another. As I drove Monday night to meet other activists, I felt the old familiar excitement of last-minute preparations while I drove the darkened back roads of my District.

Election Day will be busy, as it always is ... and after the work is done and it is time to watch the results, I will be at a friend's house to watch the returns with other friends.

Prayer warriors have been on their knees including Sunday and Monday nights ... these are uncertain times and will prove to be a difficult presidential term for the next person ... my prayer is, "Thy will be done."

Election 2008 is almost over....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thy will was done, Obama is the right man at the right time

OBAMA/BIDEN 08!!!!!