Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Eyewitness report from Sarah Palin rally in PA

A local home school mom sent this from her sister who lives in Pennsylvania. Her sister was excited to have attended a Sarah Palin rally....
What a day I've had!

After finding out last evening that Sarah Palin was going to be in New Paris at Boyer Orchards, Guy & I decided I really had to go. I was up at 3:00 thinking about making my sign and pulling out my red, white & blue jacket.

I was one of the first there--10:30 am! The only ones there ahead of me were a few security people. I drove around for a while and then chose a good parking space along the street. After waiting in the car for an hour I finally decided to go get a spot as people were beginning to show up. Guy's cousin came and stood with me.

Sarah Palin's entourage finally came ... right on time ... about 1:30.

Sandy & I were so excited we almost forgot to take her picture. She went into the building where she spoke to some small business owners. While she was attending the meeting, her daughters and baby came out to greet us.

Piper was dressed as a snow princess handing out candy from her pumpkin. Tom Ridge was traveling with them and I got some great pictures while he spoke to the crowd. Sarah finally came out and greeted us and I proudly held my sign - while getting scolded from people behind me. So I laid it in the empty seat in front of me (I was second row).

Sarah came by and shook my hand and I told her we are praying for them. She thanked me and said what a great country we live in. Then she noticed my sign & we spoke of our sons in the stryker units.

She was wearing her blue star pin and held it out to me & I said, "Yes, I know about your son and I am praying for all our military." She thanked me. Sandy said she has been praying Psalm 3 over them and she said, "Oh intersessory - thank you." After that her handsome husband came by and I also got to shake his hand and also told him we are praying for them.

What a day! What a priviledge to be able to tell them face to face we are praying for them. I am still smiling over such a great opportunity.

The crowd sang God Bless America as we watched the buses pulling in and then leaving again.
Sarah Palin is an inspiration to conservative Republicans.

Go McCain-Palin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! AP calls Warner victory at 7:05 p.m.