In the mood to celebrate the spirit of Christmas? Drive out to Chester Farm in Churchville for activities today and each Saturday leading up to Christmas.
St. Nicholas arrives today at noon on the straw wagon that will take him to the main barn where he will be visiting his Virginia Christmas workshop. Children visiting St. Nicholas will receive a Shepherd's Candy Cane, and hear the story of St. Nicholas and the Nativity.
Saturday, Nov. 29 - Noon-4:00 pm:
- Visit with St. Nicholas. Photos available for $5 each.
- Free wagon rides around the farm from 9 am-4 pm to make a selection of a Christmas tree. All trees have been cut within days of your visit and will be taken to the sales barn on the wagon.
- Visit lambs, a miniature pony, and Annabelle, the thoroughbred filly, from Monday-Saturday, 9 am-5 pm.
- Cookie samples available in the sales barn.
- Roasted marshmallows for one and all.
Saturday, December 6 - Noon-4 pm ... The Feast Day of St. Nicholas
Bring a gift of canned food or any item of clothing such as socks, hats, scarves, or mittens will be welcomed. The gifts will be given to St. Nicholas who will donate them to the S.A.C.R.A., an organization totally comprised of volunteers, supported by the area churches. These gift items can be taken to the sales barn anytime during store hours.
The sales barn will be open Monday-Saturday, 9 am-6 pm. Freshly baked cookies, honey, preserves, apple butter, old-fashioned cider, cozy items, and an array of beautiful gift items and delicious treats for purchase.
Bob's BBQ will be serving the best quality hickory smoked beef and pork every Saturday from 10 am-5 pm.
Chester Farms, 3581 Churchville Avenue, Churchville, VA 24421. Phone (540) 337-7282. Email: email@example.com.
The Cestari-Chester Farm family wishes you a Blessed and Joyous Christmas.