Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss California: "This should not happen in America"

"I exercised my freedom of speech -- and I was punished for doing so. This should not happen in America."
Carrie Prejean, Miss California 2009
(after Donald Trump announced she will keep her crown)
Video of remarks

"I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."
Barack Obama

It all began with Carrie Prejean responding to a question about legalizing gay marriage. Her response:
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

“It's the same answer that the president of the United States gave. She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart.”
Donald Trump at May 12, 2009, press conference

No comments: