Wednesday, January 05, 2011

112th Congress

By Congressman Bob Goodlatte
Republican - VA 6

Earlier today I was officially sworn in as your Congressman and it is a great privilege to once again serve you for another two years.   While the 112th Congress will certainly have some major issues to address to cut spending, create jobs, and get our economy moving again, I am proud that we will have a Republican Majority to help lead the way.
   
I was also happy that many of you were able to travel to DC today and watch the swearing-in ceremony. It is because of your hard work that allows us to celebrate today.
   
One of the most important principles that we must continue to remember in this new session of Congress is that we are a nation that is guided by our Constitution. To that end, I am proud to say that I have lead the effort to have the U.S. Constitution read on the floor of Congress before we go into session.  We will begin reading the Constitution tomorrow morning and both Republicans and Democrats will take part.
   
Also, I hope you will tune into Fox News tomorrow morning at 9:10 am, as I will be on America’s Newsroom with Bill Hemmer to talk about my effort to have the Constitution read in Congress.
 
Thank you for your continued support.

No comments: