Friday, January 07, 2011

Snow flurries and cold


Out and about today in the overcast Shenandoah Valley ... gray skies and cold out there. It looks like snow and it feels like snow ... we've had snow flurries on and off all afternoon.

While in Staunton, I met a friend for lunch at Five Guys to talk and get caught up after the holidays. Standing outside in the below-freezing temperatures, I found myself shivering as we said our goodbyes ... the woodstove is cranked as it pumps out warmth as the chill tries to press in from the edges of the house.

WHSV TV-3 out of Harrisonburg has us under a chance of snow flurries through Saturday and a shot at measurable snow Monday going into Tuesday. AccuWeather follows up on that.

Cold weather is appreciated by the area ski resorts ... I could see it snowing up around the Wintergreen Ski Resort area in the Blue Ridge, and snowing on some high ridges in the Appalachians west of my house.

It's winter in the Shenandoah Valley....

No comments: