Monday, December 08, 2008

Elephant Ears blog is back!

Just got an email from GOP Hokie saying that, after taking a one year break, he is restarting his Elephant Ears blog.

I talked with him last weekend at the Republican Advance and he was not inclined at that time to fire up his blogging platform ... but somewhere along the way he obviously changed his mind.

While outlining his points for the blog, he wrote:
The third (and most important) difference is that this will no longer be a mouthpiece/cheerleader for campaigns or the party. I have always tried to be optimistic with my blog, both with coverage of candidates and with my outlook. I usually took the "best case scenario" or "hopefully we will win" mindset. I will now be very open with my opinions and not sugarcoat them.

As a corollary to this, I will also not post information on campaign events other than if it pertains to something I want to talk about (i.e. please do not email me and ask that I put up a post promoting an event, b/c I probably will not do so). I believe that one of the primary reasons blogs have lost their "swagger" is that too many people viewed them as extensions of campaigns, which therefore meant the unbiased viewpoint was lost.
I look forward to having Elephant Ears back in the mix and hearing his unbiased commentary.

Welcome back, GOP Hokie!

No comments: