Monday, December 22, 2008

A family tradition ... Christmas cookie weekend



Cinnamon polar bear cookies on the cookie sheet ready to bake....

SWAC Niece and I were cooking up a storm in my kitchen....

Sugar cookies, gingerbread people, gingerbread snowmen, Forgotten Cookies, pressed cookies, fudge, chocolate-covered toffee ... the cooking possibilities are endless each year as we get together for our cookie baking weekend.

A tradition that has gone on for years, SWAC Niece, SWAC Daughter, my sister, and I get together in December to turn out dozens of cookies and many pounds of fudge and toffee for serving to guests and to give as Christmas gifts. Sometimes we join up with Mom to make fruit cakes ... hers are the only ones I like.

My Texas sister and her daughter are cooking many of the same things in her kitchen in Austin. The tradition continues....

Photos by SWAC Girl

No comments: