Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thank you, President Bush ... Kept America safe & promoted liberty abroad

"War came to our shores on September the 11th, 2001. It was a war we did not ask for, it’s a war we did not want, but it is a war that I intend to deal with so long as I’m your President."

-- President Bush, April 6, 2008

Protecting the American people is the President’s most solemn obligation. Since the terrorist attacks of 9/11, the President has carried with him a symbol of sacrifice and courage: a police shield given to him by the mother of an officer who died at the World Trade Center. As the President noted after the attack, “This is my reminder of lives that ended, and a task that does not end. . . . I will not yield; I will not rest; I will not relent in waging this struggle for freedom and security for the American people.”

The Bush Record

No comments: