Friday, November 21, 2008

Eric Cantor new GOP Whip in U.S. House

From Congressman Eric Cantor, 7th Congressional District...

Yesterday I was elected Republican Whip by my colleagues in Congress. The Whip is the second ranking Republican position in the U.S. House. I want to again thank you for all your help and support. With out you, none of this is possible.

My number one priority is and always will be serving Virginia's Seventh District. My commitment to excellent constituent service and attention to the people I represent will never change.

It is my hope that this leadership position will provide a broader platform to advocate for the values and principles the people of the Seventh District believe in.

The Whip position will allow me to refocus our party on fiscal discipline, smaller government and increasing our families' prosperity. I firmly believe that we need to focus on commonsense solutions to the problems facing middle class Americans.

When the new Congress convenes in January, our nation will still be faced with economic turmoil at home and challenges abroad. We need leadership not partisanship in Washington. Our role as Republicans is to work with the new President where we can find common ground. It is also our role to serve as a check and balance on the excesses of the Obama-Pelosi team in Washington.

I thank you again for all your help and support and I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: