Thursday, June 24, 2010

From Maureen McDonnell ... funeral arrangements for her father

Virginia First Lady Maureen McDonnell's father, Frank Gardner, passed away Saturday. This is her response to the outpouring of condolences to her family....
I am writing this email today to say thank you to everyone who has contacted us following the news of my father’s passing last Saturday night. Your love and support has meant so much to us. Dad lived a long and full life, and I’m going to miss him dearly. Just a year ago I lost my mother, and if there is any solace for me in this tough time, it is in knowing that they are together again.

I am deeply and truly touched by how so many of you have reached out to Bob and me over the past five days. Flowers have been sent to the Governor’s Mansion, and everywhere we go there are words of encouragement and hugs. I truly want to thank you for it, from the bottom of my heart.

Over the past week, many of you have asked about both Dad’s life, and the funeral arrangements. I’ve decided the best way to make sure I don’t miss anyone is to send out this email, and I hope you find the information below helpful. Losing a parent is never easy. I know many of you reading this email have gone through it in your own lives. Your support and friendship have been a tremendous help to me and all of Dad’s children, grandchildren and family, and for that we all will be forever grateful.

Warmest regards,

Maureen McDonnell
Funeral arrangements for Frank Gardner
Contributions to Support His Daughter: It is Frank Gardner’s request that in lieu of cards and flowers contributions be made to the ‘Ellen Gardner Breathe Fund’:
Ellen Gardner Breathe Fund
P.O. Box 4683
Midlothian, VA 22112
Viewing:
Friday - July 9th, 2010
First viewing: 2 PM thru 4 PM
Second viewing: 6 PM thru 8 PM

Fairfax Memorial Funeral Home
9902 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22032
(703) 425-9702
Website: www.fmfh.com

Funeral Mass:
Saturday - July 10th, 2010 @ 11:30 AM
St. Bernadette Catholic Church
7600 Old Keene Mill Road
Springfield, VA 22152
(703) 451-8576

Burial - immediately following Mass service:
Fairfax Memorial Park
9900 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22032

No comments: