THE CONVENTION IS COMING
ONLY 21 DAYS LEFT TO GO!
(And only 4 days left to pre-register!)
Time is running out to take advantage of pre-registration prices!
Save up to $25...and Get into the Used Curriculum Sale Earlier! How?
Pre-register and save $10.*
Become an HEAV member and save another $15.*
Plus, by registering now, you'll also get an earlier admittance time to bargain hunt in the Used Curriculum Sale.**
*Based on full convention, Friday only, or Saturday only prices.
**After early volunteer shopping, admittance is based on registration time. The earlier you register, the earlier you get to shop! Pre-registered attendees get to shop before those who register at the door.
Pre-registration ends Monday, May 23, so if you haven't yet, register today!
After May 23, you will still be able to register at the door.
Why attend? Attending the convention can be a life-changing event that fuels and equips you for your homeschooling journey! At the convention, you will be surrounded by many like-minded families (you are not alone!) and find inspiration, encouragement, and resources.
FREE How-to-Begin Workshops
Considering Homeschooling? Just beginning? Don't miss the four FREE how-to-begin workshops on Thursday! These workshops have helped thousands learn about home education and how to get started.
Are you a parent of a preschooler? Or do you know a parent of preschoolers? Parents whose eldest child is not yet five and who have not attended the convention before are invited to enjoy the ENTIRE convention as our guest. Even if you're not sure about homeschooling, this is a GREAT opportunity to get parenting tips and fabulous resources. Learn more.
GET READY FOR THIS YEAR'S WORKSHOPS!
Feeling like you're burning the candle at both ends? Check out these workshops!
- Modern Families on a Treadmill: Run Over by High-Speed Good Intentions
Dr. Richard Swenson
- Margin, Balance, and Priorities: Making Space in Our Lives for the Things That Matter Most
Dr. Richard Swenson
Wondering how to manage with little ones at home? Check out these workshops!
- Benefits of Infant and Toddler Training
- Preschool and Kindergarten Education at Home Susan Chrisman
- Home Educating with Babies and Toddlers and Loving It ~ Marilyn Boyer
- Structuring the Day with Infants and Toddlers in the Home ~ Kerin Morgan
Not so sure about your homeschooling journey? Need encouragement? Check out these workshops!
- How to Be More Motivated Than an Olympic Champion ~ Jamie Lash
- Learned Helplessness: How to Defeat Self-Defeating Thoughts ~ Jamie Lash
- Using Failures as Stepping Stones for Success ~ Jamie Lash
- When Smoke Gets in Your Eyes ~ Susan Chrisman
- One People: The People of God ~ Eric Burges
- Trusting God in Times of Trial ~ Jamie Lash
- In the Beginning, God Created; In the End, Sovereignty Wins ~ Richard Swenson
- Future Trends: Understanding Our Times ~ Richard Swenson
- Vision for Struggling Moms ~ Rick Boyer
Resources...Resources...and More Resources!
Looking for a language curriculum...or a Bible study? In need of good reading books for your child...or a solid math program? How about educational DVDs? It's all there in this year's Exhibit Hall. Take a look at who is coming, and get ready to browse some treasures.
Turn Those Used Books into Cash!
Now's the time to turn those books you've finished with into extra cash! Begin barcoding your books today, and be sure to check out these new packing and loading dock instructions. The last day to input books for sale is Wednesday, June 8, at 4 p.m., so don't delay!
Children's Program Volunteers Needed!
The Children's Program still has need of more adult and teen volunteers, ages 13 and up. Have fun working with little ones--and blessing them and their parents!
Graduation Volunteers Needed!
Calling all able-bodied men! If you would be willing to put on a suit and tie and help with crowd control on Saturday, June 11, 2011, just before the graduation ceremony (1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.), please contact email@example.com or 804-278-9200.