Happy Memorial Day
Please take some time this weekend to pause and reflect upon the ultimate sacrifice paid by those men and women of our armed forces who have died protecting and preserving the freedom we so enjoy.
What king, tyrant, despot, or dictator would we be subject to if it were not for the bravery of those Americans who have been willing to defend our nation?
Of course, freedom is not only defended by those in the armed forces. In fact, it is all of us who are given the charge to understand our Republic and do the things that are necessary to preserve it.
When asked what form of government ultimately was decided upon at the Constitutional Convention in 1787, Ben Franklin quipped, "A Republic, if you can keep it!"
Thus, it is in our charge to be diligent citizens, seeking that knowledge and information that will better equip us at defending liberty.
We hope that we at Bearing Drift help you in your efforts at being Virginia's conservative voice.
Columns by Contributors:
- Kirwin in the Daily Press on Hampton Roads' "Insiders"
- Hoeft in the Daily Press on the state senate campaign and why the Republican Party of Virginia is happy
- Leahy in the Examiner on this weekend's "sales tax holiday"
- Mitchell in the Examiner on a successful judicial filibuster
- Falkenstein thanks CHKD
- Hoeft looks at how the 6th State Senate Seat is shaping up and compiles the responses of all the U.S. Senate candidates on the Ryan budget
- Kenney writes a thought piece on the human tendency towards socialism and analyzes how the election in New York-26 impacts the conservative movement
- And, as Memorial Day was originally Decoration Day - a day meant to honor the sacrifice of those who fought during the Civil War - Brian Schoeneman takes a look back on when Virginia decided to enter the fray
Listen to Republican U.S. Senate candidates Tim Donner and E.W. Jackson this week on the May 28th podcast on "The Score Radio Network"
Support Bearing Drift
Paying for Bearing Drift operations, particularly publishing the magazine is not cheap. We also know that money is scarce. But if you enjoy conservative content written and produced by conservatives, then please consider a generous donation of $10, $25, or $50 to keep us going. Thank you!
|We want to hear from you! Send your "Letters to the Editor" to:|
Help support Bearing Drift either with a donation or by taking out an ad
Post a Comment