Friday, May 13, 2011

Rep. Randy Forbes views bin Laden death photos

From Congressman Randy Forbes' office....

Congressman J. Randy Forbes (VA-04), Chairman of the House Armed Services Readiness Subcommittee, released the following statement upon viewing the photos related to the death of Osama Bin Laden:
“Early this morning, I travelled to CIA headquarters and was afforded an opportunity to view the photos related to the death of Osama Bin Laden. After viewing the photos, I am convinced that they are valid and that Osama Bin Laden has been killed.

Furthermore, as Chairman of the House Armed Services Readiness Subcommittee, I cannot waste any time doing a victory lap, but rather must focus my attention on the battles ahead that our nation faces.

I believe that far too much information about this operation has already been disseminated and that such dissemination could put at risk those men and women who defend our freedom as well as those who will do so in the future. Accordingly, I respect the President’s decision not to release the photos.”

No comments: