Thursday, December 13, 2007

Conservatives in the academic world?

Donald Douglas is that rare breed found in academia ... a conservative professor. He is a double rare breed in that he is a conservative professor ... in California. He describes himself on his American Power blog this way:
I am a pro-victory Associate Professor of Political Science teaching in Southern California. I love my country, and I fully support current U.S. military operations around the world. I despise the hard-left radical agenda and discourse. I also abhor irrationalism in argumentation. I welcome comments and debate, and I'll defend my positions vigorously. Yet in friendship, you'll find no one more dignified, trustworthy, nor loyal.
Professor Douglas recently published a post about Republicans in the academic setting and the bias against them in a sea of liberal higher learning. Republicans on the Edge in Academe is an interesting read followed by 100-plus comments that were left, some by other conservatives but many by liberals who stooped to character assassination and profanities.

A liberal blogger took him to task with the post So Many Anecdotes which also has a number of comments. Many thanks to Professor Douglas for the wonderful job he does holding down the Left Coast.

No comments: