Monday, November 16, 2009

It's a small world....


A chance email conversation....

A long-time friend and GOP volunteer in Augusta County emailed to say he and his wife were heading to Richmond's MCV Hospital because she was undergoing major back surgery. While responding and saying we would keep them in our prayers, I mentioned I was born at MCV Hospital in such-and-such year. The response that came back surprised me and showed just how small a world we live in and how paths cross throughout our lives:
Wow! What a small world. I was near finishing my first year of Med School at MCV when you came upon the scene! Draft board interrupted all school plans, and another career was in store for me. And then I came to Augusta County in '97, and there you were- Again!! I'm glad.
We often never know that our paths have crossed along life's journey or that we have impacted a life along the way. This volunteer ... a Virginia gentleman with a kind heart, a love of history, and a desire to give back to the community ... left an impression on my life here in Augusta County ... and now I know the rest of the story.

No comments: