My friend's response was, "It's time for something different." She was extremely pro-life and a volunteer in her church ... and even though I tried to explain that voting for Obama was voting for the Democrat platform including abortion and government "nanny state" programs, it didn't persuade her.
When I read, "Why I Voted Democrat," which was passed along by another home school friend, I thought of the first mom and wondered if she was happy with the "something different" that we are now faced with. How many people have been disappointed in the direction Obama has taken our country?
Why I Voted Democrat:"A LIBERAL IS A PERSON WHO WILL GIVE AWAY EVERYTHING THEY DON'T OWN."
- I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. And ... I've decided to marry my horse.
- I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
- I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
- I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
- I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.
- I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
- I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
- I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and we continue to save the whales.
- I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.
- I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
- I voted Democrat because I firmly believe that children should have every Tylenol and Motrin monitored by their school officials, but that minor girls should be allowed abortions without their parents knowing -- because no one should be "punished with a child." (quote by Obama)
-I voted Democrat because I am excited about the possibilities with this new health care plan. I look forward to standing in long lines to receive care and then be denied the best treatment if it is too expensive or if I am very sick or if I'm old.
H/T to Leah who adds, "WHY are government officials and their families NOT required to participate in this health care plan if it is the most wonderful thing? Because it isn't and they know it. READ BETWEEN THE LINES, AMERICA!"