Friday, September 22, 2006

News-Virginian: New editor yet?

Was just wondering this evening if the News-Virginian had begun its search for a new editor to replace Todd Foster ... or if they may have found one yet.

My choice: Ross Mackenzie of the Richmond Times-Dispatch ... although I realize that's not going to happen. He's retiring at the end of this year but I'd love to see him at a small newspaper like Waynesboro to weave his conservative common sense into that paper.

I still maintain the News-Virginian, with the proper conservative editor, could give the Staunton News Leader a run for its money. So many people have cancelled subscriptions to the News Leader because of its biased slant against Republicans and conservatives that I feel certain they would head straight to the News-Virginian if they felt their viewpoints may be represented there.

Wouldn't that be fun?

No comments: