- We are in for the fight of our lives.
- That we have not yet had another terrorist attack in the United States is remarkable, but it will happen. Al Queda keeps its promises.
- How do I know this? I was born in Lebanon and raised as a Christian. When the Lebanese Civil War broke out, our family, and our Maronite community came under vicious attack by Islamic extremists.
- They promised to destroy us, and as you know from the recent war in Lebanon, the country is now nearly Islamic.
- I was nearly killed by a mortar. Our home was destroyed. We lived in a bomb shelter for seven years. Most of my childhood friends were killed. That’s how I know.
- We must make the connection between individual safety and a strong national defense, increase civic preparation and political responsibility, and train all Americans to become defenders of our community safety and national security.
- Anguish struck the citizens of the United States of America on 9/11 as a
handful of hateful men murdered nearly 3,000 innocent people. A heavy pall of grief covered our nation.
- Many of us wondered if we'd ever laugh again.
- But 9/11 wasn't the only act of terrorism. Bali, London, Madrid, Jerusalem...the list goes on and on. Yet the West does not fully realize the bloodthirsty intentions of the menace of fundamental Islam.
- This enemy -- is relentless. It is determined.
--Brigitte Gabriel, Founder, American Congress for Truth
Brigitte Gabriel is an author, speaker and expert on the Middle East conflict. Ms. Gabriel began her career as news anchor for “World News,” an evening Arabic news broadcast for Middle East Television seen throughout Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Cyprus and Lebanon. She covered the Israeli security zone in Lebanon and the Palestinian uprising in the West Bank. Her work is of international scope having brought her in contact with world figures such as Margaret Thatcher, George H. Bush, Queen Nour El Hussein, Itzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres.
Ms. Gabriel immigrated to the United States in 1989 and started a television production and advertising company. Her clients included ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox News, CNN, Discovery, TLC, History Channel, “Oprah Winfrey Show,” “20/20,” “World News Tonight” and “Good Morning America” to name a few.
After the tragedy of September 11th, 2001 Ms. Gabriel founded American Congress for Truth.org, a non profit organization dedicated to educating millions of uninformed Americans about the threat of radical Islam to world peace and national security. She is a member of the board of Advisors of the Intelligence Summit and lectures nationally and internationally about terrorism and current affairs. Gabriel is the author of the book, Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America. She is a regular guest on national TV news channels and various radio stations. She speaks four languages, Arabic, French, English and Hebrew.