Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Riders on the storm....

Driving home from a meeting last night after midnight I was awe-struck by a thunderstorm taking place south and west of Staunton. On a black night when the full moon was shrouded in clouds, the lightning put on a show that was a wonder to behold. As I drove from the eastern side of Augusta County to the western side, I was entertained by cloud-to-cloud lightning as well as impressive lightning strikes going straight to the ground. The entire sky lit up and I eventually drove into the storm as it began to rain just minutes from my destination. With thunder rumbling and echoing throughout the Valley and off the mountains, and lightning continuing to dance across the sky, I arrived home and dashed inside where I kicked back and watched the storm play out from the safety of my house. Impressive....

2 comments:

cafe de emporia said...

We didn't get any rain in the SVA...

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

But you must have seen the lightning and hear the thunder even if you got no rain ... it was all around the city.

Often you get only a dusting of snow when we get 4-5", and in the summer it can be 10 degrees cooler at my house than in town ... the advantages of living outside the concrete jungle....