Thursday, November 15, 2007

Snow flurries in the Valley.... UPDATED

There are dark overcast skies and blustery winds today in the Shenandoah Valley with the mountains expecting up to three inches of snow tonight. Right now in mid-afternoon it's 39 degrees at my house with snow flurries which are most likely lake-effect snows blowing in from the northwest ... it's very seasonal as I work indoors cleaning for Christmas decorating. Highland County is under a winter watch....

Update: 7:00 p.m. Tonight there are snow squalls with some accumulation on vehicles and the ground. It's beautiful! Woodstove is glowing and it's warm and cozy inside. Forecast is still for 3" at higher elevations and flurries here....

4 comments:

Kat said...

Oh, I am so jealous!!!! All we had was a nice drizzley fall day (I shouldn't complain, since we NEED the rain...).

SWAC Girl got some snow, and we didn't. *sniff*

I'm pouting...

LOL!

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

LOL! With the way the wind is blowing out there, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these flurries were to head your way. It is cold -- temp is mid-30s now with that 30-mph wind. Brrrr.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous too, you could at least post a picture or two for the rest of us :)

Lynn R. Mitchell said...

Hi Kim! If I can get a photo with my little camera I will. My daughter was so excited tonight when she had to wipe snow off her car window to go somewhere....