Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rep. Grayson (D-FL) throws constituents out of DC office

Question with boldness, is what Glenn Beck says ... and this Florida resident did just that. In a visit to Rep. Alan Grayson's office in Washington, DC, she questioned him about aspects of the health care bill ... and then the following exchange:
CALLER: So I then asked him about illegal immigrants being covered. And he said that on Page 642 it stated that illegal immigrants would not be covered. And when I asked him if everybody would be IDed when they went in for healthcare, he said of course not. So I stated then they will be covered. Again he switched gears. The final thing that I asked that set him off and caused him just to go crazy was whenever I asked about the healthcare coverage and congress being covered by it. And I asked him if he and his family would have the same exact healthcare coverage that they were expecting the rest of the Americans to have. He started spinning the truth and he said that he is already covered with what you people consider socialized medicine and will be. When I caught him spinning the truth, I asked him the question again, and I was very, very specific in what I asked, and I made sure I asked him the exact same coverage, without the public option. And he said yes. So I asked him if he would mind signing the back of a piece of paper. I flipped my notes over, asked him if he would write that out and put it, sign his name to it. He went crazy. He demanded that I leave his office, started screaming and yelling at me.
Read the entire exchange ... it is an interesting exercise in Freedom of Speech.

No comments: