Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Spring! 78-degree day in Shenandoah Valley

So today I posted on Facebook: "Attention! Attention! It's 76 degrees in my corner of Augusta County and the windows are open. That is all...." Friends came on to like it and leave comments but one made me smile. She said, "What, no pictures?"

It made me laugh so outside I went with my camera to walk around the yard and see what was blooming. Just in the last couple of days jonquils and daffodils have bloomed.



This little guy was after bugs under the river birch bark.

It may be warm today but we're not finished with the wood stove. It's only April so we could still have snow and plenty more nippy nights.

The winter woods are still there but some trees are beginning to bud.




It's spring in the Shenandoah Valley....

Photos by Lynn R. Mitchell
April 2, 2014

No comments: