Monday, December 21, 2009

Lefty liberal activists invade Congress

A disrespectful snub by Al Franken, who went to Washington after months of recounting and is about as partisan as anyone can be, shows what happens when lefty liberal activists make their way into Congress:
While presiding over debate in the Senate on Thursday, Franken cut off Lieberman and then denied him an opportunity to finish his remarks.

A surprised Lieberman responded, "Really?"
...
The contentious remarks began when Franken interrupted, "The Senator has spoken for 10 minutes...In my capacity as the senator from Minnesota, I object." John McCain came to the defense of longtime friend: "I’ve been around for 20 some years, first time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks...I’ll tell you, I’ve never seen a member denied an extra minute or so, as the chair just did."
Mainstream media ignored the dust-up. Thankfully, Bias Alert covered it. As did Politico in this earlier exchange:
Republicans fumed last week when Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) revealed the contents of a private conversation with Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) in a fiercely critical speech on the floor.
Just as politics on Main Street became angrier with the advance of MoveOn.org, so Congress appears to now be morphing into the same.

1 comment:

Halifaxcentral said...

As much as I detest Al Franken and think he's a very unfunny so-called comedian and an embarassment to the state that "elected" him, I have to laugh as somebody pulls the carpet out from under the haughty, holier-than-thou, stuffy Senate.

I know, I know... it's a honor-bound place of gentleman's debate, but sheesh, they don't even let members have computers on the debate floor.

It's just as offensive when Tom Coburn enforced the rule that Bernie Sanders' bill had to be read in its entirety, but I haven't seen that covered in these so-called "conservative" blogs.

As a declared independent, it amuses me to see what some people claim is "not covered" by the media because of "obvious bias".