Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Neither snow nor rain ~ nor flu ~ will keep RedState from its daily update

I laughed as I read Erick Erickson's post today cataloging the events that led up to his morning updates from RedState along with the hurdles he had overcome the past year ... and it reminded me of the unofficial post office motto:
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.
The post office backs away from that creed ... but not Erick.

I silently thanked him.

RedState updates start my mornings with information, news, insight, and opinion. It takes dedication to be that consistent, as demonstrated by the fact they are right there in my inbox on a regular basis. As Erick wrote:
For the past year, I have churned out the Morning Briefing every single week day except Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and now this week, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Over the past year I’ve had the flu, taken a vacation, had a nasty stomach bug, and still before bed each night I’ve put the Morning Briefing together and then gotten up at four o’clock each morning to put the final touches on it, update it as needed, and get it off to be of use to conservatives across the country. Through rain, shine, sleet, snow, the occasional technical outage, stomach bugs, summer, fall, winter, and spring the Morning Briefing gets out the door every morning before 5:00 a.m.

It has been a real joy to get up each morning knowing I am having a measurable impact and offering real help to conservatives. I’d like to give a special thanks to the sponsors who now help cover the costs of a growing email. I couldn’t do it without them.

And I would not do it without all of you who read it. God bless you all. Have a happy and safe new year. The Morning Briefing will be in your inbox bright and early Monday morning, January 4th. I promise.
I believe it. Thanks, Erick.

No comments: