Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010 Advance is now history

The 2010 Republican Advance has ended for another year and, though Northern Virginia is an exciting place with lots of hustle and bustle, we will gratefully head west out of town and begin our journey home to the Shenandoah Valley.

I keep humming Eddie From Ohio's Old Dominion song....
You think that autumns in New England
Are the greatest of them all
But give me sweet Virginia for the fireworks of fall.
The prettiest October in all the fifty states
Just drive up to the Skyline
Park the car and wait.
Saturday afternoon's State Central Committee meeting lasted about 3 1/2 hours in a room jam-packed with visitors. Got a chance to say hello to Tyler Whitley from the Richmond Times-Dispatch but no time to talk with anyone else before the meeting began. Never saw Jeff Schiparo who can usually be found at these events.

The number of bloggers attending throughout the weekend was amazing, and about 15 of them got together Saturday night for dinner in the hotel's restaurant. Others were seen later in hospitality suites, and I had the pleasure of meeting some for the first time and engaging in some lively conversation.

I have more to write about all this as my thoughts settle but right now I'm packing up and heading out. The mountains are calling me....